How often do you handle each single bottle in your operation?
ANCRA ATLS solutions reducing logistic handling up to 70% !
The beverage industry is a typical application where empties and full bottles, cans, drums, crates, packing material, and pallets, are handled in multiple logistic flows;
- The new empties are produced in a neighboring supplier, and shuttled with trailers to the bottling lines.
- After filling, the full bottles are often shuttled to a 3pl or nearby warehouse/DC.
- Often, the used empties are returned from the collection point to the bottling lines for re-use.
- From the main warehouse/DC the trailers shuttle (full bottles and empties) to sub-DC’s or retail warehouses.
All these logistic flows, typically result that each bottle is handled between 3 to 5 times (!) in trailers shuttling between two or more locations.
Then our single bottle becomes part of a truckload with pallets, now consider that a traditional forklift truck can easily take up to 45 minutes for (un)loading one single truckload, the ANCRA ATLS shuttle application reduces this time to only 3 minutes (!). Imagine the reduction in truck turnaround time!
With 3 to 5 handling processes for each SKI, both to be loaded and unloaded, this means that, depending on driving time, trailer fleet reduction can be achieved up to 70% or more, for the same volume.
With a few questions we can calculate your savings in operational costs in a detailed ROI calculation. After all, every situation is unique!
Benefits of the ANCRA ATLS Shuttle solutions at a glance:
- Reduction of Trailer Fleet up to 70%
- Labor and forklift costs reduced by 100% in Trailer loading area
- Reduction of product damage (reduced handling)
- Overall Dock Equipment Availability (>98%)
- Extremely quick Return On Investment (ROI) (typically 2 to 6 months !
- Improved Health & Safety conditions for employees/truck drivers
- Ideal for short delivery-on-call situations and Just In Time (JIT) deliveries
- Optimized usage of dock space (one dock can do the work of 3+ traditional docks)
- Extremely low maintenance costs. 24/7 operation
- Reduced CO2 footprint
- Usable for any load as long as it is within trailer dimensions, as also mixed pallet possibilities
- Can be custom engineered to load slip sheets, racks, skids, IBC’s, etc into a trailer
Check out the video of a typical Chain application in this link and contact our sales team to discuss the advantages of ANCRA Systems’ Automatic Truck Loading Systems for your application.